Proprietary CNC sharpening technology allows Cadence to precision sharpen pointed blades with razor-like edges in a pointed tip configuration for added versatility and optimized cutting performance. Pointed tip blades can be best applied in applications that require:
- A sharp point to actually initiate a cut in a tough material.
- The lowest possible penetration force, such as in a medical blade used to penetrate skin or tissue.
- A slit area of a given length, such as in piercing a slit in a rubber diaphram.
- A blade that needs to cut in both directions for maximum productivity.
- A blade to be used twice by using one edge until it dulls and then rotating the blade to use the second sharpened edge.
The cost of a pointed tip blade is incrementally higher than a blade having a simple straight edge shape, but the additional benefits noted above will often outweigh the marginal increase in cost.