At Cadence, we exist to improve patient outcomes through helping medical device companies create better devices. Our employees take great satisfaction in fulfilling this mission and in knowing they are improving the state of medical technology through our work. Almost all of us know someone who has been touched by a device on which we have worked, and this is a very rewarding aspect of what we do.
It is not easy to lay out a complete list of all values and principles required in order to make all possible decisions. However, it is rarely unclear which path constitutes “doing the right thing.” While this may sound simple, it is in fact profound and powerful. The broad guidance of “doing the right thing” affects everything we do. We believe such actions lead to organizational longevity, customer loyalty, employee commitment, and public goodwill.
Our corporate mission and commitment to “do the right thing” is only part of our value set. In addition, we use the following core principles to govern our decision-making at Cadence:
- Balance - We treat customers, employees and shareholders with equal consideration.
- Flexibility - We give employees room to make choices, and respect those choices within the confines of keeping balance.
- Innovation - We take risks and seek differentiation both in our culture, processes and our business definitions.
- Involvement - We actively seek ideas and input from all levels of the Company.
- Open Book Management - Everyone is told about the condition of the business and expected to have a certain amount of literacy associated therein.
- Mission Orientation - We ask at all times how our actions and plans lead to fulfilling our mission.